Thursday 2 February 2012

Woman's Work,







Studio Brief 2
Writing my personal Brief, and my Individual Learning Plan.
This is my first draft of my final Degree Brief Studio Practice 2.
Title and theme is'Woman's Work.  
Concept is to create visual art which encompasses a women's working day, which for many, can have a large proportion of domestic housework.  I have a lot of experimentation to do,i will use materials including Mixed Media. I intend to explore Silkscreen,Intaglio, printing on fabric/paper.  I also aim to use a 'Ready Made' household object as a Metaphor of Woman's Work, seen through a woman's eyes.  A familiar every day object associated with housework tasks, and transform   this object with text and visual artwork, into something which carries, a feminist message of intellect.  This would then be recognising the  important part women play within society (washing, cleaning, housework) visually  and metaphorically, with the underlying message that women also have intellect and artistic qualities which are assets within society.   

No comments:

Post a Comment