Friday 30 September 2011

Diary- from 21st Sept 2011-27th Sept2011

 21st Sept 2011

I added another colour layer to 'The Emperor'.  I now have 4 colour layers.  The first three I mixed up the colour with a little white, I discovered white acrylic paint is very thick/opaque.  The first three layers I added extra binder medium to allow colours to be translucent.  The last colour I added extra white to obliterate other colours and create contrast light yellow against the darker blue/red/lilac. I showed Caroline the little I know about silkscreen. I captured photos as I went as a record of learning and to evidence my exploration and experimentation.
22nd Sept
Created a powerpoint to outline and reflect on last years research project Feminist Art Theory. Researched Lottie Reiniger and Joseph Beuys at College Library.


The ‘Emperor’ Print is now dry. The layers of colour represent the multilayer’s of a person. 
The self, and how a person perceives themselves, depending on time and place in their lives. 


23rd Sept



Silk-screen is a learned technique  

It is difficult to explain

The doing is a learning outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment