Tuesday 20 September 2011

Diary- Summary of College work from 14th Sept -20th Sept 2011

14th Sept
Tutor input and encouragement.
with talk about sketch book work.
I updated my sketchbook and added a 3D idea, inspired from my exploration of silkscreen work.
15th Sept
Tutor input and encouragement.
Added a second layer of colour to 'the Emperor' print.

Caroline and I had a fun day exploring silkscreen printing techniques.
We captured photos as we went.  I had an idea for a film,(inspired by first year example Paul showed us in class) so left my camera on capturing 5-6 photos with second between shots for the actual movement of the squeegee printing work.  I love the idea of stop-go animation it holds something special within movement, and wanted to explore this later.  We created lots of mess but prints were clean as we used 'paper fingers'.
A fun Day!!
Uploaded my photos to my laptop at home and created a film late at night
16th Sept
Taylor (mentor) helped me to understand and learn how to upload and what form to use to upload film to blogger, uploaded a test film.
Spend afternoon in Print Room adding another colour layer (red) to 'The Emperor' 3 layers of colour now.
17th Sept
Uploaded photos to my laptop captured in the print room while exploring silkscreen colour layers using paper cutout and thin translucent paint and binder. Created a film which was too long and difficult for my laptop to handle.  Explored Windows Live Movie maker using text and effects.
18th Sept
Open Doors Day Glasgow
I visited the Fairfields Shipyards offices which are being restored.  I captured photos of the day and will enter the photographic competition like last year(got my photo in the
 Brochure 2010)  which will be on line again.
I also moved all my BAD2 work and my many photos into my external hard drive as my lap top is struggling to manage.
20th Sept
I again explored Windows Live Movie maker and created a film exploring silkscreen, but had problems with it as the laptop was having difficulties.  The film had 80 photos, text and effects but was not running well on my laptop.  Discoverd more about timeing, stop go photo work and Live Movvie Maker,  Burned to a disk.












No comments:

Post a Comment