Tuesday 13 September 2011

Diary-a weekly summery of College Learning in last year of Art And Design Degree.

29th August  2011 
I enrolled at College and received my timetable which consists of two full days and a half day.
31 August 
I received a choice of 4 Briefs and Module Handbook.  the first learning outcome covers 7weeks resulting in a final piece. and PDP Brief.  All the Tutors have been very kind and encouraging. 
1st September
Started my sketch book and decided (with the use of mind maps)  on the Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tale Brief 'The Emperors New Clothes'. Started work on P.D.P. Had advice and learning/encouragement from Paul Thompson. 
2nd September
Researched Fairy Tale using Penguin Classics and Psychology books.  Researched Hans Christian Anderson(H.C.A.) discovering his lesser-known cut-outs.
I was very influenced by his work and thinking.
4th September
I was influenced by H.C.A, stencil, paper work and his use of the psychologically hidden message.I was influenced by Elena Diadenko-Hunter and her use of mixed media and faces/text" The outside looking in". I thought up the idea of using paper stencil cut-outs to create a layered silkscreen print or series of prints using colour ( black n which looked to be about bigotry rather then vanity)  I traced my sketch work in newsprint for stencilling the design.  I was aiming a persons layered personality and psychological motivations outlined in the Tale using fresh cut and colour printing in layers.  
5th September
I thought up the idea of creating a see through suit.  This suit would be visible with text and the words would be outlining the greed/power/vanity/position in society adult motivations. talked tutors (dot Isabella) and was encouraged to get started in experiment especially to add to my printing visual diary started last year.
7th September
Created a blog-spot using Blogger.  I did this myself in the College Library taking about an hour, and letting the blogger 'take my hand' and guide me. Paul and Linsey said Blogger was probably the easiest to follow) Learning curve.
8th September
Printed off research H.C.A at College Library. Caroline and I helped each other to fix up our blog-spot.Learning curve. 
9th September
Had a meeting with Learning Support which resulted in getting mentor support for software I am using to help with dyslexia problems to get through the course. I see Taylor on Friday 11.30am.  I worked from 12am to 3pm in the print room alone. I asked two questions (Trevor and Catherine King) about masking off unwanted print area on  silk screen. I printed off 10 prints but I took time to get going, very rusty and un-confident at the moment in the print room.  I hope to add colour layers over the next week or so, as drying time is needed in-between. Learning curve. 
11September
Updated sketch book and bought a journal for P.D.P which I have written up in full and hope to do daily from now on, creating a weekly summery for my blog-spot.Created a slide show  for my blogger but I forgot to save as you go and lost it on the 2nd last slide.  I was so fed up with myself about this 2hours lost and nothing to show for it!! So just uploaded photos instead, adding text. this was a learning curve.


14th September 
Visited the 103 Trongate print Gallery and The Lighthouse Gallery which were very interesting. Print room looks great to join and sell work from, added to P.D.P.  


The most important thing I learned this week was how to create a blog-spot. The masking off of unprinted areas on the silkscreen mesh and the importance of removing parcel tape if used the same day to avoid damage to screen.




















   








  

No comments:

Post a Comment